Casper and Tuft and Needle are two well-known start-up companies in online mattress market. What makes both two stand out the market is the quality mattresses but affordable prices they provide.
For you who may be interested in these companies, the Casper vs Tuft and Needle mattress comparison will recommend two models from them. All things are compared to each other. View more mattress comparisons here.
Casper is a hybrid foam mattress. It is designed from 4 different foam layers for total 9.5 inches in thickness.
- Top layer – the top layer is made of 1.5″ of responsive poly foam. As it its name mention, the foam is very bouncy and soft to touch.
- Second layer – the second layer is 1.5″ of memory foam. What makes it special is its fairly high density, which comes as a density of 4.0 PCF (pounds per cubic foot). This memory foam will combine with top layer to create a great contour and pressure relief for the sleeper.
- Third layer – the third layer is built from 1.5″ of poly foam. The foam has a density of 2.5 PCF. It acts as a transitional support layer.
- Bottom layer – the bottom layer is a 5″ support foam. This layer acts as the foundational base for the mattress and provides support for above layers.
Due to this unique design, the Casper is fairly good at providing good contour and pressure relief for sleepers. In addition, the mattress can provide a pronounced bounce and responsiveness.
Tuft & Needle’s
Tuft & Needle’s mattress is constructed just only two layers of foam for its total 10 inches in thickness.
- Top layer – the top layer is built from a 3″ poly foam with a density of 2.9 PCF. What makes it unique is this foam is developed by Tuft and Needle. It’s designed to breathable and responsive.
- Bottom layer – the bottom layer of the Tuft and Needle is a 7″ layer of poly foam. It has a density of 1.8 PCF. It acts as the foundational base for the mattress. It helps support the top layer and provides a sturdy shape for the entire mattress.
The unique design of this mattress is the total materials used for making the construction is poly foam (standard poly foam). The mattress is better at reducing heat retention than viscoelastic foam. This results providing cooler feel for sleepers.
Interestingly, Casper & Tuft & Needle’s mattress have similar features in the designs of their covers. Both are white in tone and simple in design. The fabrics of two are fairly thin and stretchy. Due to these, they doesn’t add much cushion for the mattress, but provide a great breath ability. In addition, the thin cover helps sleepers easy to feel the support from the top layer of mattress under it.
Firmness, Comfort, Support and Others
In terms of firmness, Casper & Tuft & Needle’s mattress can provide medium firmness. The firmness levels of two range from 6 – 7 out of 10 on the firmness scale.
Due to the combination of poly foam and memory foam, Casper can provide more pronounced hug feel for sleepers. In addition, sleeper’s body will be nicely contoured and sunk a bit down into the mattress. Along with that, having a responsive poly foam on top means the mattress can provide very nice bounce and quick responsive.
Bonus: Use Casper mattress coupon to buy.
Bonus: Tuft & Needle promo code
Tuft & Needle on the other hand will be better at providing breathability, while it still provides a good contour and pressure relief. However, the foam used for Tuft & Needle won’t provide the same bounce and responsiveness. They will be less pronounced.
Additionally, you may wonder who is suitable for each mattress? Due to the mentioned features, both can suit the needs of side sleepers and back sleepers. Other types of sleepers can still find the supportive feels from these mattresses, but still need to consider.
[table id=61 /]
Casper vs Tuft and Needle Mattress Side By Side Comparison
Sometimes the best way to decide the right option is to simply lay out all the cards on the table and see what’s most important to you. Both Casper and Tuft & Needle are great mattresses, but your specific needs, priorities, and preferences will vary, likely making one a little bit better.
Below is a complete list of all the major comparison points of Casper vs. Tuft & Needle.
[table id=62 /]
Other similarities of Casper & Tuft & Needle
- A simple and thin cover (both functionally and aesthetically speaking)
- Similar motion transfer
- Medium firmness
- Similar support
- Offering 10 year warranty
- 100-day trial period
- Similar return / refund policy
You would prefer Casper mattress if:
- You want a pronounced bounce and responsiveness. This helps the mattress return its normal shape easily after the pressures are taken off.
- You like the combination of different foams rather than the same foam for total construction
You would prefer Tuft & Needle mattress if:
- Think that lower density foams would be better at reducing heat retention
- You incline to less hug feel than pronounced hug feel.