If you’re like me, you love the idea of working outâ€”the mood boost, the health benefits, more toned muscles–but there’s not always the time or motivation to get a solid workout in.
I’ve been following Tone It Up on YouTube for over a year, and when they put out their new Beach Babe DVDs (it’s a two-DVD set for $29), I knew I desperately needed this dose of their fun, quirky personalities combined with a variety of fast, butt-kicking workouts.
Popping the DVD in (which conveniently has quite a few workouts you can do in roughly the same amount of time your kid will spend watching a show on Nick Jr.) feels like making your date to hang out with your girlfriends. Bonus: You feel like you’re on the beautiful beaches of Hawaii.
- Surfer Girl: A 24-minute workout that combines a little bit of cardio with toning of the core, arms, thighs, and butt.
- Bikini Sculpt: A 40-minute, very thorough workout that will leave your whole body shaking because it hits every part.
- High Intensity Interval Training: This is my favorite! It’s a 20-minute workout designed to melt the fat right off of your body. HIIT really works to rev up that metabolism and keep it chugging along all day long. It is intense, but you can do anything for 20 minutes, right?
- Â Summer Arms: It’s just 12 minutes long, but your arms and shoulders will be on FIRE.
- Bikini Booty: This has some workout moves for your bum that you may not have seen before. Who knew 10 minutes could be so intense?
- Bikini Abs: This is a 15-minute ab routine that’s fun and more challenging than most workouts I’ve done. That doesn’t mean that it’s so difficult it’d be too much for a beginner, though.
- Long and Lean: If you just want to take a 10-minute breather, this routine will let you come back to center. You can do it after any of the other workouts to wind back down again, or you can do it on its own when you just need a tiny slice of “me” time that isn’t your five-minute morning shower. The kids bang on the door during that time anyway, don’t they?
There’s also a behind the scenes section if you’re interested in that kind of that thing.
I’ve seen serious results doing this DVD combined with eating clean, and despite my massive collection of workout videos, ripped out pages from magazines, and a dusty pile of workout equipment, this is the only thing I’ve been using when it’s time to sweat.
Photo credit: Beach Babe DVD