The LUSH Catastrophe Cosmetic Mask Soothes and Brightens
The LUSH Catastrophe Cosmetic mask is one of my favorites. It smells like blueberry yogurt and soothed my irritated skin that was going through a rough patch with eczema and maybe a bit of rosacea (I self-diagnosed that part).
My skin looked noticeably brighter when I washed it off after about ten minutes.
This mask is made with blueberries and calamine powder. The blueberries offer antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals to the skin while also working as an antiseptic. The calamine is there to reduce any redness or irritation your skin is experiencing.
While my skin wasn’t exactly like porcelain when I washed it off, it did feel better and look better. There was still faint redness, but the itching and irritation were reduced. My face felt moisturized and calm, and the effects lasted the rest of the night.
Other ingredients include talc to give the mask a silky texture, Irish moss for softening the skin, and chamomile as an anti-inflammatory. Be aware that there is also almond oil in the Catastrophe Cosmetic mask, so if you have any allergies, you may want to steer clear and choose a different mask.
- The mask is only $6.95.
- It’s gentle and good for all skin types, including sensitive skin.
- It did what it was supposed to do.
- All LUSH products contain fresh and organic fruits and vegetables and come in minimal packaging.
- Other reviews on the site claim that the mask helped clear up their blemishes, but since that wasn’t what I was combating at the time, I can’t vouch for that.
- You have to drive to a LUSH store to get it, because they don’t ship the Fresh Face Masks from their site.
- It has to be refrigerated and putting something that cold on your face may be unappealing. It also makes it inconvenient if you’re lazy like I am about going back to the kitchen for a face product when you’re getting ready for bed. That also means it has a limited shelf life. If I remember correctly, they recommended tossing it after a week or two.
If you have a LUSH store near you, I recommend trying it out. It’s a good mask. It’s no miracle worker in my experience, but it does wonders to soothe the skin and the additional effects, like brightening and reducing redness, were also noticeable.
Photo credit: LUSH