Stink-O-Pedia Is a Must-Have Book for Young Trivia Buffs
My son loves trivia books. We have several at home, ranging from books with facts about the solar system to more general trivia books with quizzes at the end of each chapter.
However, one of his favorite trivia books is Stink-O-Pedia: Super Stink-Y Stuff From A to Zzzzz.
Although Stink-O-Pedia: Super Stink-Y Stuff From A to Zzzzz does reference some of the Stink Moody, Judy Moody, and Judy & Stink books, you don’t have to have read all of the books to appreciate this title.
My son has heard a few of the Judy Moody books in school, but he’s never read any on his own. He adores this book and has no trouble following along.
The trivia in Stink-O-Pedia: Super Stink-Y Stuff From A to Zzzzz covers a wide range of topics. There are lots of gross tidbits, but plenty of fairly normal facts, too. Some examples of things my son learned from the book include:
- The average pencil can be sharpened 17 times.
- Like fingerprints, no two bellybuttons are exactly alike.
- The average adult human brain is about 85% water and weighs about three pounds.
- February 15th is National Gumdrop Day.
- In Italy, people wear red underwear to celebrate the New Year.
- The world’s largest roll of duct tape weighs 650 pounds.
There are a few puzzles, science experiments, cartoons, and jokes mixed in with the trivia facts. My son, who is an only child, thought it was too bad he had no use for the “10 Ways to Bug Your Moody Big Sister” list.
The book has a fair amount of illustrations, but they are all black and white and of the cartoonish variety.
PhotoÂ credit:Â MeganÂ McDonald