Gummy bears are one of my son’s favorite things, so I’m thinking we might just skip the traditional birthday cake this year and make a bunch of giant bears using this adorable mold on the Perpetual Kid website.
It is a clear plastic mold that measures 7 inches tall x 5 inches wide x 2.5 inches tall.
Reviewers say you can either use this jelly bear mold to make your own homemade giant gummy bears or to make a large Jello mold.
Easy Homemade Gummy Bears
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup cold water
- 1 package flavored Jello
- 4 packets unflavored gelatin
- Place water in a small sauce pan. Sprinkle the Jello and unflavored gelatin over the water until you have a thick blob that looks like a cross between clay and Play-Doh. Let sit 5 10 minutes.
- Place pan over medium heat and stir until gelatin is dissolved.
- Remove pan from heat after all gelatin has been dissolved and pour the mixture into your mold.
If you’re really ambitious, Sweet Little Peanut has a bunch of recipes for healthy homemade gummy bears made with real fruit. I think the strawberry orange recipe sounds really tasty.
If you want to keep things simple, you could just use the mold to make one giant Jello Jiggler. Jello Jigglers are very easy to make.
- 2 1/2 cups boiling water
- 2 packages of large 8 serving size Jello
- Stir Jello mix into hot water until it is completely dissolved.
- Pour into pan that is lightly greased with cooking spray. Refrigerate until firm.
Photo credit: Perpetual Kid