Ball Heritage Collection Jars Celebrate the Perfect Mason Jar
Recently, Ball Canning released limited-edition Ball Heritage Collection pint jars to commemorate the 100th anniversary of the Ball brothers’ perfect mason jar. Created in 1913, the perfect mason jar revolutionized the home canning process by offering canners superior matching jars and lids sold as a single unit.
Ball Heritage Edition jars feature a distinctive blue color, a custom-embossed front and back, and period-inspired packaging.
Ball Heritage Edition pint jars are made in America and BPA free. They are tested to have the same same quality, performance, and structure as current Ball pint jars with regular mouth lids.
A set of six jars sells for $9.99.
I don’t actually can, so I can’t speak to the performance of the jars for making jelly or preserving veggies from the garden. But, they are adorable for mason jar crafts. I think the blue tint really adds something special to even the simplest of projects.
If you’re on Pinterest, Ball Canning has lots of pins with wonderful project ideas.
Some of my favorite mason jar ideas are:
- Use cupcake liners and disposable straws to turn the jars into drinking glasses for a picnic.
- Store salad fixings in jars, then stash them in the fridge for a grab and go lunch.
- Make a padded fabric lid to turn a mason jar into a mini sewing kit.
- Use mason jars in the bathroom for storing cotton balls, cotton swabs, and other tiny items.
- Melt layers of broken crayon in a mason jar to make a new multicolored candle. (This would be really pretty with shades of blue and purple, since the colors would compliment the tint of the jar!)
Disclaimer: Sample Ball Heritage Edition pint jars were provided by the manufacturer for the purpose of preparing this review.
Photo credit: Ball Canning